24 May 2006

I'm bored

Waiting for today and tomorrow to end so I can write my final on Friday and BE DONE!!!

I was at Save-on-Foods on 109th today, picking up some lunch, and there were 2 EPS cars and 4 officers there. Were they shopping? No.... apparently it takes 4 Edmonton Police officers to arrest, detain and question a shop-lifter. Why? Where were they when that guy got beaten to death on a bus, not too long ago?

Anyway, I'm here, eating my healthy choice for today, and it made me wonder: why do people eat at set times of the day? Who says I have to wait for 12:00 to eat lunch, or 6:00 to eat supper? Now, obviously this doesn't affect me too much, because it's what....3:47pm and I'm eating supper. This will be followed by copious amounts of nachos, etc, at around 8:00 tonight, because it's Wing Night.

I just realized that my salad came with chicken, and I've been neglecting it. Whoops.

Back to the pondering... When I was in Mexico (Los Cabos, 2002), I was with a group of about 30 people (+/-). We ate at the most ridiculous times. I remember one night we didn't eat supper till about 10:00. That sort of pissed me off; but what really pissed me off is that they wouldn't let me stop and get a snack while we were waiting. "No, we'll wait for everyone to show, and then we'll go to this great restaurant I know of and have a fantastic meal." F that. There were ants all over the place, and my sammich was stupidly small. Next time I go, it's gonna be either alone or with my wife (whoever/where ever she is). Someone who understands that when RyeGuy gets hungry, they'd better let him eat, or he'll make life hell.

Wow, a food post. Random.

No comments: