01 August 2006

Thoughts abound

I've been doing a lot of thinking recently, mostly about fame vs the relative obscurity I currently live in. I'll do a post about it a little later. Right now, I wanna vent about the recent bad luck that's happened to me.

Incident 1:

I took a week off work to be a counselor at my old camp. It's always been fun, and this year was no different. But in the course of the week, I managed to pinch a nerve in my neck. How? I dunno... maybe throwing the kids into the lake for 2 hours a day, every day... but that's speculation. So I was off work for another 2 weeks after camp trying to rehab my shoulders and getting my neck cracked.

Finally worked, and my first day back at work (today)....

Incident 2:

I was pounding rebar, when the sledge hit with the edge and slipped off the bar, slicing my finger rather deeply (6 stitches deeply, actually). So now I'm off work again.

I'm not happy.



in the midst of all this, there is the added stress of finding work for the fall so that I can afford to move back to Edmonton, finding a place to stay in Edmonton until I can move into my friend's house, and family issues that I'll never discuss in this space.

typing with a splinted finger sucks.

did you know...? One year ago, I almost took off my hand with a chainsaw.

True story.

Wish it wasn't.

1 comment:

S. said...

ok, so this is my final comment for the night...hmm it's kinda interesting to see how the author has evolved throughout the posts from 2005-2011; (yes I'm talking in the third person just to relieve some of the tension of using "you") a lot of spiritual and mental growth, from allowing comments to crawl under his skin to letting them just pass over, absorbing the good and neglecting the bad. I'm not much of a poem-kinda person, so I can't say much about them...the last poem I wrote was a very, very long time ago and I was bounded by "they have to rhyme" mentality which is rather limiting.

Moving on, it truly is rather captivating to watch the change in the personality reflected by the change in tone, vocab and style of writing...I am constantly amazed by how much of a difference there is between a starting point and somewhere way down the line.

I have read some if not most of the articles, enough to give me an indication of what the posts are about and what the general underlying theme is...and I believe that I am making some comments, if you will, that put you at a disadvantage as you have no means by which you can explain one part or another, so if you're interested in a discussion or conversation, please let me know and I will e-mail you so as to have a "fair conversation", if not, then that's fine too!

going back to this article, I am a true true true believer in "signs from God", and the reason why this is in quotation is because of the sensitive and delicate issue of Religion. But there are some instances when things go "wrong" or have an unfortunate ending, but it is important to keep in mind that we do not know the general, bigger scheme of things. What we know is what we see and we are limited by our vision, imagination and ability to make sense of things that have happened in the past.

The way I see (which in no means the right way nor am I imposing my way on others) it, what I'm 100% convinced of is that everything happens for a reason, cliche much? perhaps, but we don't know what is happening around us, we don't know the effect of one change in a decision we make, the impact that might have on the "path" we choose. and so you can't "know" what's good and what's bad, the only thing you have, the only thing you can rely on is faith, faith and belief that given the range of possibilities of events that could have happened, this is the most beneficial for you. It's hard to stick to this belief especially when the condition is death/serious injury related, but if you don't stick by your convictions and theories when the going gets tough, then why do you have them at all?

something to think about

PS: also you can feel free to not publish this if you'd prefer.